Friends of the Solana Beach Library
2018 Scholarship Announcement
In May, 2018, Friends of the Solana Beach Library will award three $2,000 scholarships for education beyond the high school level.
Applicants can be:
• Graduating high school seniors
• Career/technical/vocational school students
• Community college students
• Undergraduate college or university students
• Graduate or medical or other professional students
• Adult re-entry students
To qualify for the Friends of the Solana Beach Library Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of these criteria:
• Live within the city limits of Solana Beach
• Have a library card for the San Diego County Library system (you can get
one at the Solana Beach Library)
• Plan to attend a community college, a four-year college or university, a career/vocational/technical program, or a graduate/professional school program within the United States
• Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
• Need financial assistance to help with school expenses
• Must not have been a recipient of a $1,000 Friends of the Solana Beach Library scholarship in 2017
• Submit a completed application, short essay, permission form, and two letters of recommendation by April 30, 2018
Download a 2018 Friends of the Solana Beach Library Scholarship Application here.
Find a list of frequently asked questions here.
To email us regarding the 2018 Friends Scholarships: FOSBL2018@aol.com