Applicants can be:
• Graduating high school seniors
• Career/technical/vocational school students
• Community college students
• Undergraduate college or university students
• Graduate or medical or other professional students
• Adult re-entry students
To qualify for a 2020 Friends of the Solana Beach Library Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of these criteria:
• Live within the Solana Beach city limits
• Plan to attend a community college, a four-year college or university, a career/vocational/ technical program, or a graduate/professional school program within the United States
• Have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
• Need financial assistance to help with school expenses
• Submit an application, short essay, permission form, photocopy of your library card and two letters of recommendation
Members of the Board of Directors of the Friends of the Solana Beach Library, their immediate family members, and members of their household are excluded from consideration.
The Mission of the Friends is to aid and support the Solana Beach branch of the San Diego County Library.